Thursday, August 29, 2013

It's Coming: Vegan MoFo 2013!

Yes, in September.  Those vegan mofos really like to keep a blogger on her toes.  Monday begins the Vegan Month of Food: 2013 edition; rally, people!


Per usual, I'm sure that lots of folks will have awesome, enviable themes, but I've come to terms with the fact that I'm much too disorganized for that; my stab at a theme during MoFo '11 was painful and although I started MoFo '12 with the best of intentions, it evolved into randomness right up until Hurricane Sandy shut me up.

So, instead, I've decided to pretty much keep doing what I usually do...just more of it.  Since MoFo brings so many new visitors to the blog, it makes sense (to me) to give them a taste of what A (soy) Bean is about all year long: a kind of hodgepodge/potpourri of restaurant reviews, awesome vegan events, product obsessions, recipe highlights, and general ramblings with regard to the veganity of the tri-state area (New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania) and beyond.

And fear not, fans; there will also be 89!  Since she is vegan and eats vegan food, I'm pretty sure she aligns with the MoFo guidelines.


I hope you'll participate as a reader; I know I will!

11 comments:

  1. Your mofo "theme" sounds a lot like mine — it's the "a lot more of it" part that always makes me nervous. It's hard to post more than twice a week, under normal circumstances.

    I finally found a vegan canned food that Callie likes! I've been mixing it with her @#$%%&$ dry food and she's been eating it all week. It's called Evolution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew, I actually just jumped out of bed and back onto the computer for this one. Thank goodness Callie likes Evolution; I'd completely forgotten about that brand even though my previous pooch ate it from time to time. The reason for my jump was b/c I'd remembered reading something about a phony vegan dog food recently. FYI, it's Wysong. Their "vegan" dog food is actually "vegan TM" (http://www.wysong.net/products/vegan-healthy-natural-dog-cat-food.php), and they're misusing the term vegan; IT IS NOT VEGAN! In addition to not really being a vegan formula, they suggest that you use it as a base for a fresh meat source (roadkill?). In any event, I'm glad Callie is enjoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wish i was productive enough to participate in Vegan Mofo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abby,

    September will be the best month of the year, for obvious reasons.... The best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to hear that you aren't doing a "theme". I was trying to get the creative juices flowing and was just stuck! Horray!

    Looking forway to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Happy MoFo and I'm looking forward to seeing lots more of 89! You might want to consider removing your captcha during MoFo, I know that when people are trying to comment on a lot of blogs they can be a little annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great! See you around the 'Fo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. theme or no theme, I'll be checking in! Hurrah for MoFo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. vegan.in.brighton- I'll assume you've since suffered the wrath of the Blogger spam assault since I was just captcha-ed on your blog! I know it's a pain, but so is spam :-(

    Dawn- will do!!

    Joey- Hurrah indeed; so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. omgoshimvegan, love it! Who needs themes anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Vegan MoFo! Sometimes a theme is unnecessary, I am looking forward to September.

    ReplyDelete

Have you got something to say? It would be so nice to hear from you!
(I know captchas suck, but not as much as spam.)