Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Best Ice Cream Shop in the Universe

There's a new ice cream shop at 516 E 6th Street (between Avenues A & B) and it's fabulous.  It's also, like many creative endeavors, as-yet-untitled.  No matter.  Because it's FABULOUS.  I'd call it The Best Ice Cream Shop in the Universe.

 

As I enjoyed my own sundae outside, I had the opportunity to watch as- one after another, passersby did a double take when they noticed this simple sign in the window.  Then they'd glance at the delicacies being consumed all around them: a group of children enjoying cones of varying flavors to the right; singles and groups with shakes and flurries to the left.  Quickly they'd hurry inside for their own treat.


Inside.  A stunning antique rose adorns the walls and warmly frames the rustic, unparalleled style elements.


Gorgeous wood floors, a beautifully stained table, and these iconic stools (taking me back to Figure Drawing 101) all increase the warm and welcoming atmosphere of the shop.


Details.  It's a fact, I don't believe I've ever seen Gone Pie's vegan, gluten-free baked goods displayed quite so eloquently.


Not to mention other favorites: locals Sweet & Sara, as well as Go Max Go candy bars at the ready.


But let's get back to me.  Or, more to the point, my sundae: the smoothest, creamiest ice cream I believe I've ever enjoyed: double chocolate chip and peanut butter chip with hot fudge, graham crackers, rainbow sprinkles (!), whipped cream and a cherry.  It's been too long since a sundae has found its way into my belly and the caliber of this one was unmatched-- as was the superbly friendly service.


But don't take my word for it.  Choose your confection...


...and some adornments for yourself.


Note, for now:

516 E 6th Street!!!

Do yourself the favor as soon as possible.


I'll see you there.  Chances are 89 will be there too. 


And, unlike me, she can be bought with a spoonful of vanilla.

4 comments:

  1. Well, I'm not s huge ice cream fan but always glad for a Gone Pie/ Sweet and Sara outpost. Bonus points on the decor. Does it being open only 4 days a week mean you'll be splitting time with Lula's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww man. Such limited hours for now. :*(

    Sometimes I'm tired of having 'healthy meal'. Is it wrong to have dessert for lunch? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this place looks familiar....

    ReplyDelete

Have you got something to say? It would be so nice to hear from you!
(I know captchas suck, but not as much as spam.)